mardi 6 août 2013

Francesca Woodman at the SFMOMA..

Francesca_Woodman-1

A few weeks ago I made it over to the SFMOMA to check out the Francesca Woodman exhibit...WOW. Is all I have to say. There are over 150 photographs in the exhibition and I was just blown away. I didn't expect to see so much work by someone who died way too soon. 

Overall the entire exhibit was ethereal and so inspiring — but was also sad. Knowing that Woodman had killed herself at the age of 22; it was hard to not feel that vibe through out the exhibit. Regardless though, it was fascinating to be in the presence of such beauty. Her work transcends time for sure.

Francesca Woodman runs through February 20, 2012.

Francesca_Woodman-5

Francesca_Woodman-14

Francesca_Woodman-16

Francesca_Woodman-3

Francesca_Woodman-12

Francesca_Woodman-18

There were so many gorgeous, stirring images but I think the above is my favorite. Titled aptly; I Could No Longer Play. I Could Not Play By Instinct.

Francesca_Woodman-21

I took a lot of these images with my iphone, so sadly my hand is mirrored in a few. But I still wanted to share.

Francesca_Woodman-25

Francesca_Woodman-6

Francesca_Woodman-8

These two images were taken from a photobook of Woodman's called: Potrait of a Reputation. It was stunning and tied with a red, ragged ribbon.

 

Francesca_Woodman-9

Francesca_Woodman-19

Francesca_Woodman-20

A detail of her series Swan Song.

Francesca_Woodman-24

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire